Photo and recipe courtesy El Pinto Restaurant
Ingredients at a glance
• 1/2 LBS MEAT (CHICKEN, PORK OR BEEF) CHOPPED, SHREDDED OR GROUND
• 1 16 OZ JAR EL PINTO GREEN CHILE SAUCE
• 1 DOZEN 6 INCH CORN TORTILLAS
• 2 CUPS SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
• 1/2 CUP SOUR CREAM (OPTIONAL)
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
• Lightly fry corn toreillas in hot oil (steam for low-fat option)
• Put tortillas on paper towel to drain excess oil.
• Place tortilla on dinner plate, add preheated green chile, cooked meat and cheddar cheese (lightly sprinkled). Add another tortilla and build two more layers.
• Top with green chile, sprinkle more cheese on top.
• Place in preheated oven broiler until cheese is melted (approximately 5 minutes).
• Garnish with sour cream and serve.
• Makes 4 servings.