Photos courtesy Laughlin CVB
Mountain meets desert
Laughlin has all the beauty of a Southwest desert destination. Rugged mountain ranges change colors with the sunset, and in stark contrast to the desert, Laughlin has one of the most pristine segments of the Colorado River running through it.
New in Laughlin
River walk grows
The North Reach is a new extension of Laughlin’s walkway alongside the Colorado River. Visitors can now use the North Reach trails for walking, jogging, horseback riding and bicycling. Other options include a picnic lunch under many of the shading trellises and fishing in the river.
Fine Dining and Flapjacks
• The Range Steakhouse at Harrah’s Laughlin has the perfect balance of a classic steakhouse menu, an extensive wine list, warm ambiance and beautiful river views.
• Another gourmet dining experience with spectacular views of the river is the Riverside Resort’s Gourmet Room. The French cuisine is a renaissance menu served tableside in a cozy yet elegant setting. Offering the same elegant and comfortable atmosphere, the adjoining Gourmet Bar is a local favorite for happy hour.
• Open around the clock, Pints Microbrewery at the Colorado Belle is not your typical sports bar. In addition to wood-fired pizzas, burgers, and wings, you can build your own omelet or order flapjacks.
Casinos to canoes
• Laughlin has nine casino resorts with video and slot machines, table games and more. Bank travelers will enjoy the convenience of the river walk that links seven of the nine resorts and the water taxis that transport visitors from one hotel dock to another along Laughlin’s “Main Street”: the Colorado River.
• Two paddle-wheel-style boats, the Celebration and the USS Riverside, offer river cruises. During their two-hour excursions, passengers can enjoy an entertaining history lesson about Laughlin’s boom times from the climate-controlled lower decks or from the open-air top decks. For a special occasion, bank directors may want to consider chartering one of those boats for a personalized tour.
• London Jet Boat Tours, seating 36 passengers, takes fun-lovers on a 40-mile-per-hour cruise down river all the way to Lake Havasu to the site of the London Bridge. This excursion allows time for sightseeing, shopping and lunch.
• Launching from Lake Mohave at the base of the Hoover Dam or on the Colorado River in front of the casinos, Desert River Outfitters offers canoe and kayak adventures for your members, their children and grandchildren.
• For a fascinating land tour, smaller groups can ride or drive a four-by-four sand rail on a desert excursion to see wildlife, desert flowers and historic landmarks.