BANFF, Alberta – To celebrate 125 years as Canada’s “Castle in the Rockies,” the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel will try to inspire its guests through art and other special events throughout 2013. In January, the 1888 hotel launched its Artist in Residence program in partnership with Mountain Galleries.
The program invites artists to create work that is either inspired by or tells the story of the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. Each month, a different artist will live and paint in the hotel for one week at designated spots in the hotel to allow guests to watch the art progress.
For guests that want to participate, the hotel has created the Artist in Residence Package that includes two nights luxury accommodations, a welcome reception and an artist led seminar.
Other 2013 events include:
• Community engagement activities and open house celebrations in June
• A Walk Back in Time nature walk every Saturday for an indoor and outdoor tour of the hotel’s last 125 years
• Then and Now Photography exhibit starting in spring 2013
• Willow Stream Spa will features specials like a Diamond Facial
• A 125th specialty cocktail
The hotel will also offer an 125 Castle Celebration Package with reduced rates and daily resort credit. For more information, visit www.fairmont.com/banff-springs/promotions/125th-celebration.